My so-called opinion-
After reading this article, I felt like I had to go back and re-evaluate all my thoughts and decisions I have made. It exposed a topic that makes people question their beliefs. Especially with social media, there is a huge influence of news and stories that especially millennial's have access to so much information that no one knows whats correct or what their true opinion even is anymore. What really shocked me was the part where the author states "But why do I like what I like? Should I like what I like? Do I like it because someone else wants me to like it? If so, who profits and who suffers from my liking what I like?" This quote really began to make me think back to situations and reasons why I like certain things, and or don't like them. In the end what I realized that its important to only have strong feelings about something and to be honest with yourself.

Song Dong-
I LOVE the concept behind this installation, I find it amazing that he is able to take something as meaningful to him and his family and display it. All of this to show the rich culture and ideals that were hidden during the cultural revolution. The also very apparent memory of his father and how his mother refused to get rid of anything of his belongings is so heartbreaking. At the same time I agree that this installation helps to show a huge part of the culture that even a lot of western society never knew about and wouldn't have known about. People tend to forget that even in modern times iconoclasms are still happening and its crucial for people to understand this rich history.  

Comments

Popular Posts